March 20th through the 24th is Peace Week!
Peace week will kick off with a door decorating contest for all IE classrooms and will end with an all school Decades Dance on Friday! The dance runs from 3 to 5 pm on March 24th, and the ticket price of $5 includes admission, food, and beverage. (Tickets will be sold during lunch. The deadline to purchase tickets is Monday, March 13th.) A portion of the proceeds from the dance will provide funds for the Special Olympics Track & Field Day held in the spring.
Students are encouraged to dress for each day’s decades theme. (School dress code applies.)
Monday (20th) – 80s
- Clothing ideas: neon, 80’s bands, Star Wars, peg leg pants, converse, big hair, scrunchies, blue eyeshadow
March 21st – 60s and 70s
- Clothing ideas: bell bottoms, flowers, peace signs, tie dye, Beatles
- Homeroom doors will be judged during 5th period
March 22nd – 50s
- Clothing ideas: Grease, polka dots, ascots, slicked back hair, leather jackets, popped collar, poodle skirts, headbands
March 23rd – 90s and 2000s
- Clothing ideas: dark lip stick, plaid skirts, flannels, stripes
March 24th – Any decade you choose!
- Dance will be immediately after school and will run until 5. There will be prizes for the best costumes!