On March 30th, Cloverleaf Middle School will be starting online instruction. This will be a very different learning platform for our students. With that being said, it is important to provide students and families a framework as to how it will work and what is expected.
Below is the link to the CMS Plan for Instructional Continuity. I ask that parents and students review the plan together. Once you and your child review the plan, your son or daughter should do the following:
- Login into their school Google Account (to access online tools)
- Check email for information from their teachers
- Visit individual Google Classrooms. Teachers will provide instructional goals, activities, and expectations.
- If you have questions please reach out to your child’s teacher through email.
Building hours of operation:
- Schools across the district will be open for families on Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
If your family utilized paper packets during the first week of remote instruction, I want to share an opportunity to acquire free internet through Spectrum Cable. If you take advantage of this option and need a device for instructional purposes you may visit the high school on Monday, March 30th between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to sign out a district Chromebook. Please CLICK HERE for details of how to take advantage of the opportunity being provided through Spectrum.
If you do not have access to the internet (through home WiFi or other hot spots available through cellular devices) paper packets will remain as an option. Families will need to drop off completed packets and pickup new packets each week, in the cafeteria, during the building’s hours of operation that were shared above.
- The collection for the paper packets that were picked up on March 16th will be Tuesday, April 7th. This date will also be when new paper packets will be available for families to take home and complete for the upcoming week. Please be advised there will be no new paper packets for families to pickup until April 7th.
- Paper packets will be made available on a one week cycle. Each Tuesday is when new paper packets will be available for the upcoming week to be picked up on either Tuesday or Thursday during hours of operation.
The structure and processes that are outline above are designed to meet the instructional needs based on the most recent information provided by the medical community, as well as, State and Federal governments. Please understand that if circumstances would change there may be a need to adjust our plan.