In the interest of safety and efficiency, the middle school will be utilizing a drive-thru process for students to gather their personal belongings that are in their lockers, return textbooks and library books. Days and times the dive through will be operational are listed below.
***All items that are not picked up by 6:00 PM on Thursday, May 28th will be discarded.***
CMS staff members will open each locker and empty all contents into a bag that will be labeled with the student’s name who is assigned to the locker. If there are textbooks or library books in the locker, those items will be turned in for the student during this process.
All school-issued Chromebooks (all 8th graders, as well as, Chromebooks signed out by 6th and 7th graders for online instruction) will need to be returned in order to receive required maintenance and updates. For your convenience, the collection of Chromebooks will mirror the schedule that is listed below for students who need to drop off school books and pick up personal items. Chromebooks WILL NOT be returned to the middle school, they WILL BE collected at the high school.
Pick up procedure:
- Students and parents will remain in the vehicle at all times. Families will need to enter through the driveway of the football parking lot that is farthest from the middle school. Cars will drive along the sidewalk of the stadium and middle school. Staff will be outside of the middle school doors where they will ask you for your child’s name and grade level through the passenger side car window.
- Staff members will bring your child’s bag of personal items to the car. At this time if you have textbooks or library books to return to the school you will hand those items to the staff member.
- Parents will exit the building driveway.
- Medication pickup will also take place during the times listed below.
- Parents are required to sign out medications from the school. Upon sharing your child’s name and grade level with the staff member outside of the school, please share you have medication to pick up. That will notify the nurse to bring the medication to your car along with the signature form.
- For additional details please visit the following link from the school nurse. Link to medication letter
9th Grade Honors English materials:
- If your child is enrolled in 9th grade Honors English for the 20/21 school year, your materials for the class will also be delivered to your car through the drive-thru pickup line.
Days and times:
- Tuesday, May 26th, 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 27th, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Thursday, May 28th, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
As always, if you have any questions please contact the school at 330.302.0206.