**Cloverleaf Middle School Football – 2020**
Thank you for your patients as the coaching staff has been coordinating with the school and assessing the COVID-19 guidelines so we can kick off our 2020 MS Football season in a safe and effective manner. We will be starting Phase I of summer workouts tentatively beginning June 10, 2020. In order to get all parents and athletes informed of upcoming training dates/times as soon as possible – the coaching staff needs to gather all interested players contact information as soon as possible (even if you are not 100% sure you can commit to summer training – please still register so we can keep you informed).
Any incoming 7th and 8th grade students interested in playing middle school football for the 2020-21 school year, please email the following information to Coach Price at Lance.Price@Cloverleaflocal.org :
Grade (for fall of 2020)
Parent(s) name, phone number and email address
Also please sign up for remind app by texting @9kfead
We are excited to get our athletes back out on the field but need to ensure we are following the standards set by the OHSAA and Ohio Department of Health. We will be getting more detail information to all parent/athletes (through google classroom and remind) but here is a brief summary of what to expect in the coming weeks as we kick off Phase I of CMS football training:
- Tentative training days with be Mondays and Wednesday – 2 sessions, running from 6-7 OR 7-8pm.
- Athletes will sign up for one of the time slot sessions and you will NOT be able to change during Phase I – to limit exposure and crossing of athletes.
- Athletes will be assigned to PODs (based on time slots) to a maximum of 9 athletes per POD.
- Masks will be required to be worn by everyone when not actively training. No mask—you will not be permitted in the practice area.
- No use of locker rooms – come and go in same clothes.
- We will NOT provide any water. You must provide your own water bottles clearly marked with the athlete’s name.
- Athletes must self-assess their medical condition prior to coming to practice. Any symptoms of illness you are NOT to come to practice.
- Coaches will check-in athletes when they arrive and will ask them a series of questions related to their medical condition (self-assessment).
- Entry and exiting the practice fields will be controlled – to maintain proper social distancing. There will be NO congregating by parents or athletes before or after practice. **your rides must be on time. No exceptions.
- We will be social distancing during all training/conditioning drills.
We ask for your continued patients as we work through implementing the required guidelines to keep everyone safe. The coaching staff understand that these are unique times for everyone and know without a doubt that all of our commitment and discipline will pay off on the field this fall! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions. Go Colts!!