Well the long awaited first day of the 2020-2021 school year is here! The middle school staff is excited to kick off the new school year on September 8th. The purpose of this blog post is to provide some reminders and additional details to our students attending in person. I hope this helps everyone feel comfortable for the first day of classes in such a unique year. The following information is the cliff notes version of many previous messages that have been shared throughout the summer. I hope this information helps to relieve any last minute anxieties that may exist for our students and parents.
Students attending the Cloverleaf Online Learning Academy (COLA) will be contacted by your child’s district facilitator with further instructions. Link to COLA information
To our parents of our in person students, all you need to do is ensure your child arrives to the building and our staff will take if from there! We are looking forward to a great year.
- Action Required by students right away– The following is a link from a previous post that was shared. Students need to complete the form located at the link to select their breakfast and lunch choices for the first day of school. In the future students will complete this form during the school day. Thank you for your attention to this matter. Link to the breakfast and lunch form for September 8th. I am aware there was an initial issue with the link to the form for students to complete. That issue has been corrected. I apologize for any inconvenience.
- Student Mask Requirements: Students will be required to wear masks on the bus during both morning and afternoon runs. For students who will be dropped of at the school by their parents, masks are required upon entering the school building in the morning. Students will be required to wear a face mask in all spaces of the school per the Governor’s order. It is encouraged for students to bring their own face mask to school. In the case that is not possible, face masks will be available on the bus and in the building. The face mask must cover both the nose and mouth.
- Doors will open to the middle school for students to enter at 7:20 AM each morning. Upon entering the building, students will walk directly to their homeroom classroom that is listed on their schedule that is available on Progress Book. Link the schedule information. Students will have specific entrances in the morning based on grade levels.
- 8th grade will enter through the Cafeteria entrance (same doors that they have always entered).
- 6th and 7th grade students will enter through the set of doors by the entrance to the Main Office. These doors are just East of the Cafeteria doors the 8th grade will be entering.
- Our goal is to maintain our traditional student start to the day of 7:30 AM. However, we will be flexible to start the year since we are not sure how long arrival will take with our new procedures. If necessary we will adjust the tardy bell to a reasonable time frame if 7:30 AM is not appropriate.
- School supplies will be provided to every student again this year. The supplies will be in your child’s homeroom waiting for them at their desk upon arriving on September 8th. Link to CMS supply information.
- This year students in grades 6-8 will be issued a district Chromebook. We are asking parents to support our staff by reminding students to charge their Chromebooks each night, and ensure that they take them to school each day. In our current environment, teachers will be maximizing digital spaces to help support a healthy and safe environment, to ensure efficiency in handing out and collecting student work, and to enhance communication.
- The one supply I am asking families to provide is headphones or ear buds. Link additional headphone/earbud information.
- Departure of the students will begin at 2:28 PM. Buses will depart by 2:45 PM. If you are planning on picking up your child after school, your child will be dismissed from the building once the buses have exited. This is for safety reasons. Once the buses are cleared you may use the driveway in the front of the building to pick up your child.